Friday, March 14, 2014

"Rainy Day People"

12 x 12"
oil on panel
sold


Finished.  Yay.   The day before yesterday I made great progress - I was down to the floor area about 7:30 pm and I had to stop to watch Jeopardy (I always watch Jeopardy) because Arthur Chu was still on a run and I wasn't going to miss it.  So I finished up yesterday.

This painting will arrive at the Anne Irwin Fine Art Gallery around the 25th of April for a special Paris-Themed Group Show.

Please click here for a larger view.

Now I'm on to a few small, quick paintings - stay tuned.

~ Happy Friday




5 comments:

Lynn Patten said...

I know this is crazy, but when I was looking at your in-progress photo of this painting the other day, it seemed to me that the woman in the painting was lifting her long dress to show her blue striped knickers and stretching her leg out of the frame towards the viewers. ( This has resolved itself into the left arm of the woman viewer.)

What kind of direction is Karen now going ? - I wondered. I was hoping not this punk look I think it is called.

I'm so relieved to see your beautiful work completed here in masterwork 'Karen' style.

Christine said...

your hard work really paid off..this is stunning! the leg up and knickers would have been interesting though!

Teri said...

Terrific painting, Karen!

Sandra Busby said...

This really is a fabulous painting! I love the contrast between the modern clothes that the viewers are wearing and the vintage style clothes that those in the painting are wearing. Clever and eye catching! :0)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

a stunner!