Friday, November 14, 2014

"Reflect Upon"

6 x 6"
oil on panel
sold


The truth about my absences - I've been on three road trips, totalling over 4,000 miles since the end of September.  I like to get out in the world in the fall and hole up in the winter so I got it all out of my system.  I don't post 'Hey, I'm out of town for a week' for obvious reasons but I am home, back in the studio and I'm not going anywhere until I see spring flowers.

I live in the Deep South, but today it's bitchin' cold, even for Atlanta so naturally my thoughts turn to warm days at the beach, with this new painting - a scene from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

You know how I love reflections.




1 comment:

Terri Buchholz said...

Your adjective for the cold temps in Atlanta made me laugh. You said it all. It snowed today in Indiana again - not feeling it, not ready for it.
What I am feeling is continuous, complete wonderment at your amazing talent. I took some of your paintings down today for a good dusting and spent some quality time with them, admiring your work. I am such a fan. Love this one too of course and I wish I was in the beach chair next to her!